Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mapua has an exciting taxidermy scene...

...and when I say Mapua I mean the Mapua tavern, which I'm told is the occasional site for exotic dancing (by God I hope it is true, taxidermy is extremely sensual). It was only last Christmas that I first spent a considerable amount of time in this charming establishment, long before my interest in taxidermy was roused. Even pre-conversion I knew the place had a unique X-factor, a charm and grace that set it apart from the rest....




You can imagine the emotions I felt on returning and viewing this beast mounted on the wall. I felt contemplative, much like the face of this genteel mammal...






Mounted alongside the splayed Billy was an anthropomorphic study of a can wielding possum...

You need only glimpse the ensemble in its entirety to see how all the features complement one another to create a cultural fusion:




Even the literature tied in with the theme of taxidermy as my Papa so passionately exhibits....




God bless you Mapua tavern. I will miss you. Nothing in Wellington can replicate your authenticity and dedication to the dark art...

No comments: